School for Accelerated Studies
Description and Purpose of the SAS Program
The SAS program is an accelerated program designed for highly motivated students that provides enrichment and ongoing support. SAS offers rigorous academic coursework preparing students to submit competitive transcripts to the most prestigious universities by providing a variety of college courses that help fulfill the Inter-Segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
Eligibility for School for Accelerated Studies Program will be assigned based one of the two criteria:
1. Identified gifted in any criteria.
2. 3.0 GPA at the final Spring Semester report card from previous grade.
NOTE: If a student receives any Ds, Fs, and/or less than a 3.0 GPA in 8th grade, the student will be placed on ACADEMIC PROBATION the first semester of high school and will need to attend a 7th period Study Skills.
Students will be able to:
· Show accelerated academic performance by achieving a grade of a C or higher in:
o at least 5 of the 9 college classes offered from 9th through 12th grade AND
o at least 5 of the 13 AP courses offered from 9th through 12th grade.
· Complete more than the minimum A-G requirements
· Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA from 9th through 12th grade
Failure to Meet Student Expectations
Failure to meet student expectations will result in the following: