The SAS program is an accelerated program designed for highly motivated students that provides enrichment and ongoing support. SAS offers rigorous academic coursework preparing students to submit competitive transcripts to the most prestigious universities.
- Fulfill all or most of the requirements of the inter-segmental general education transfer curriculum (IGETC) through the completion of college and AP courses
- Show accelerated academic performance by achieving a grade of a C or higher
- Complete more than the minimum A-G requirements
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA from 9th through 12th grade
· Eligibility for School for Accelerated Studies (SAS) will be assigned based on the following criteria:
11 1) As and/or Bs in ALL academic classes (math, English, science and social studies) AND
2) A minimum of a 3.0 GPA at the final Fall Semester report card from current grade
*Students living outside the BCCHS attendance boundary must complete an Open Enrollment application in addition to an SAS application. Students applying through Open Enrollment must first be admitted to BCCHS before being accepted to the SAS Program.
FAILURE TO MEET EXPECTATIONS
Failure to meet student expectations will result in the following:
- Students will be placed on Academic Probation if he/she receives any Ds, Fs, and/or a GPA lower than 3.0 at the final report card of the Fall or Spring Semester.
- Students will be removed from the SAS Program if they fail to increase their GPA to at least a 3.0 by the end of the following semester after being placed on Academic Probation for one semester.
- Students under academic probation will NOT be eligible for college classes.