Skip To Main Content



Open Weglot - Overlay



Landing Nav


Department of Rehabilitation

Overview of Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) Services and Resources *IEP/504

DOR will pay for all these items for students that have an IEP or 504. You can enroll as early as 16 years old! Do NOT graduate from Birmingham without enrolling in this amazing transitional resource! 

School Resources

  • Books 
  • Tuition
  • Transportation 

*Tuition for Community College (i.e. Los Angeles Valley College & Los Angeles Pierce College) up to 2 years) and this also includes West Valley Occupational Center (WVOC).   DOR will pay for CTE courses at WVOC and the tools needed to do the job (i.e. cosmetology, electrician).
Work Resources

  • Job Placement
  • Interview Clothing
  • Transportation  

You will need 3 things for the intake: 

  1. Personal Email 
  2. Social Security Number (If don't have this they can still work with you) 
  3. DOR Forms (filled out and signed) 

DOR Forms Checklist

  • DR210 Enrollment for Vocational Rehabilitation Services
  • DR222A Supplemental Personal Information
  • DR218 Health Questionnaire
  • DR222B Employment Record
  • DR260 Consent to RElease and Obtain Information
  • Voting reference Form

Click to access and download the forms