Testing and Assessment
Welcome to the Testing and Assessment page where you can find the latest information about state-mandated testing. Please see below for the following downloadable documents and information relating to testing:
- Spring 2016 Testing Calendar
- Parent Guide to the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments which includes a wealth of information about the state's new computer adaptive test (SBAC). Your child will take the SBAC in the spring of grade 11.
- Statement of Purpose for Interim Assessments
- Interim Comprehensive Assessments (ICAs) - given to grades 9, 10 and 11 for progress monitoring of standard mastery in ELA and Math. The ICAs follow the blueprint of the summative SBAC and use the same testing interface, item types, formats, conditions, protocols and achievement level descriptors.
- Interim Assessment Blocks (IABs) - given as needed in response to ICA scores to focus on a smaller set of standards and learning targets
- Smarter Balanced Assessment System Graphic
- CAASPP Assessments Chart - a list of all tests administered under the CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress) umbrella. The CAASPP system replaced the previous STAR system.
- CAASPP Overview - includes an overview of the summative SBAC, the Interim Assessments and the Digital Library
- CAASPP Matrix One Universal Tools, Designated Supports and Accommodations for 2015-16 - describes and explains the student assessment accessibility tools, supports and accommodations available for online testing.
- CAASPP Student Assessment Accessibility Graphic
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact our Testing Coordinator, Ms. Wilkins, at ext. 4465.