The following information is provided by Lily Burman, Transition Specialist for
Birmingham Community Charter High School:
Phone: 818-758-5223 (Bilingual Services Provided) - Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:16 p.m.
- The Disability Rights California(drc) California's Protection and Advocacy System is hosting a Conference on June 23, 2012 for Latino Families with children with Disabilities; Conferencia Latina para personas dicapacidades del sur de California. If our parents are interested they can call Lily Burman, Transition Specialist, for more information.
- There is a Just 4 Us Group run by and for Adults with Developmental Disabilities having a Day at Balboa Lake on Saturday, 5/19/2012 from 12 noon to 2 pm. Please call Lily Burman AT (818) 758-5223 with any questions or if you want to become a member of the group.
- A Social and Recreation Guide is available at the Transitions Office. Recreational activities include Dance, music,drama, multi-media, Self Advocacy Groups, Social and Support Groups, Sports and Exercise Groups, Horse-back riding, Parks and Recreation, Amusements and Museums, Summer Concerts and Events, Vacation Tours, and More Ideas. This is for the 18+ student. Information updated by the Regional Center and Just 4 Us Volunteers.
- The Transition Office has an updated list of Transportation Choices for our Students.
- Department of Rehabilitation applications will be taken until the end of the school year.
- Help with Regional Center applications will be provided until the end of the school year.
- NLACRC Self-Advocacy Group is having a picnic on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 from 10:45 to 12:45 pm.
Students and parents who are interested in any of the programs may call (818) 758-5223