Welcome to the Health Office at Birmingham Community Charter High School. We are happy to help keep you healthy! The Health Office is located in the administration building across from the Main Office. Our hours during the regular school year are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 P.M.
Medications: We encourage students to take routine medications at home if possible but understand that sometimes medications or treatments need to be taken during school hours. In this circumstance we require the following:
- A "Request for Medication to be Taken During School Hours" form completed and signed by both the physician and the parent; and
- Medication to be supplied in the original labelled container.
At the health office we will:
- collect and set up medications for all students who need to take medications while on campus;
- provide students with first aid;
- maintain immunization records;
- provide information about local health clinics and other resources;
- clear students for sports;
- provide hearing and vision screens upon request.
- they have had a fever within the last 24 hours;
- they need prescription pain medication;
- sore throat;
- discharge from their eye(s);
- thick green/brown mucous.
For information about immunization requirements refer to: Shots for School
To track local pollen counts go to: https://weather.com/forecast/allergy/l/91406
Interested in a fitness and calorie counter? visit: http://www.supertracker.usda.gov