Steps you and your family can take to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19infection include the following:
- Cover your face with a cloth facemask in public spaces, such as the grocery store, where it is difficult to avoid close contact with others, especially if you are in an area with ongoing community spread.
- Keep in mind some people may have COVID-19 and spread it to others, even if they do not have symptoms or do not know they have COVID-19.
- Avoid large events and mass gatherings.
- Avoid close contact (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) with anyone who is sick or has symptoms.
- Stay home as much as possible and keep distance between yourself and others (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters), especially if you have a higher risk of serious illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue. Wash your hands right away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, electronics and counters, daily.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you are sick, unless you are going to get medical care. Avoid public transportation, taxis and ride sharing if you are sick.
- Quit smoking/vaping: For help call 1-800-NO-BUTTS/1-800-NO-FUME (1-800-456-6386/1-800-662-8887).
- Maintain a healthy weight and control health conditions such as diabetes and hypertension. Check with you doctor about other ways to protect yourself.
- Source https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/symptoms-causes/syc-20479963
Find a COVID-19 testing center by going to the Los Angeles County Dept. of Public Health website: https://covid19.lacounty.gov/testing/
Accurate and up to date information for Los Angeles County can be found at: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/
Take good care of yourself and hope to see you on campus soon!