Welcome, students! All of the resources you will need for your time at BCCHS can be found on this page.
News & Announcements
The LA Times published an article featuring Birmingham students participating in the National Education Equity Program.
- This program is an excellent example of how our students can achieve at the highest level when provided with both access to rigor and the requisite support.
- A shout out to teacher/facilitator/motivator Lindsay Humphrey for providing that support and motivation.
- Read full story: LA Times Article
Congratulations to Alexandra Benavente-Reyes (Class of 2023) for being recognized for her AP Research paper from last year.
Alexexandra traveled to Boston and presented her AP Research paper, exploring the teaching of Trans Health Courses at American Medical Schools, to the American Public Health Association at their annual conference.
We are so proud of Alex for this prestigious honor!
Special acknowledgments also go out to her AP Research teacher, Lindsay Humphrey, for her support and guidance in the AP program.
Congratulations to our very own students! Out of 62,000 students from across the country, they earned academic honors from the College Board’s National Recognition Programs!
These National Recognition Programs grant underrepresented students with academic honors that can be included on college and scholarship applications and connect students with universities across the country, helping them stand out during the admissions process. Colleges and scholarship programs use these honors to identify students from underrepresented groups through College Board’s Student Search Service.
The following student(s) have been awarded recognition (award key below):
Alexa Tabarez: NHRA
Alexa Ruiz: NHRA
Andrea Ugaz: NHRA
Anneli Hernandez-abrego: NHRA
Areli Soto: NHRA
Beautiful Roberts: NAARA
Emely Salmeron: NHRA
Guillermo Molina: NHRA
Jennifer Mendoza: NHRA
Leslie Acevedo: NHRA
Samantha Barrera: NHRA
- National African American Recognition Award= NAARA
- National Hispanic Recognition Award= NHRA
- National Rural and Small Town Award = NRSTA
- National Indigenous Award = NIA