Welcome, students! All of the resources you will need for your time at BCCHS can be found on this page.
The BCCHS student(s) listed below earned this academic honor because of their GPA of 3.5 or higher and outstanding performance on the PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT™ 10, and/or AP® Exams.
- They can now list this honor on applications to stand out to colleges.
- Awardees (as of August 17) at Birmingham Community Charter High School are listed below:
- Angel Lopez: NHRA
- Daniela Portillo: NHRA
- Edgar De La Cueva: NHRA
- Frida Gonzalez: NHRA
- Madelline Diaz: NHRA
- Sophia Aragon: NHRA
- If you see them, please congratulate their exemplary effort!
The LA Times published an article featuring Birmingham students participating in the National Education Equity Program.
- This program is an excellent example of how our students can achieve at the highest level when provided with both access to rigor and the requisite support.
- A shout out to teacher/facilitator/motivator Lindsay Humphrey for providing that support and motivation.
- Read full story: LA Times Article
Congratulations to Alexandra Benavente-Reyes (Class of 2023) for being recognized for her AP Research paper from last year.
Alexexandra traveled to Boston and presented her AP Research paper, exploring the teaching of Trans Health Courses at American Medical Schools, to the American Public Health Association at their annual conference.
We are so proud of Alex for this prestigious honor!
Special acknowledgments also go out to her AP Research teacher, Lindsay Humphrey, for her support and guidance in the AP program.