For the 2022-2023 school year, we are pleased to inform you that BCCHS will be implementing an alternative food services program, called Provision 2. Birmingham’s participation in Provision 2 means that the school is now able to provide both a healthy Breakfast and Lunch each day at no charge for all students enrolled during the 2022-2023 school year regardless of household income.
Although school meals are now free to all students, completion of the meal application directly impacts our annual budget allocations. Every household is asked to complete the application.
The Meal Application is also about a great deal more than the free and reduced cost meals provided by our
school. In fact, the usage of the application provides funding that is CRITICAL to your child’s success.
Some examples are:
- Student support and parent outreach for post-secondary planning (College and Career Center)
- Fee waivers for SAT and ACT exams; reduced fees for AP testing
- Availability of SAT prep classes
- Classroom materials to support core curriculum and development of student success skills
- Classroom equipment and technology
- Various other programs to support student achievement
For the many reasons listed above, we encourage you to submit a completed meal application.
Online Meal Application
MEAL APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN JULY 19, 2022 FOR SCHOOL YEAR 22-23
You can now submit a meal application online. The online application will be processed within 24 hours, and you will no longer have to complete and return a paper application to the Nutrtion Office. By clicking on the link you can access the online meal application.
In order to complete the application you will need:
- Names, Birthdates, and ID Numbers, for all BCCHS students including any income information for them, if they have an income.
- Names of all other household members with their income information.
- Last 4 digits of the Social Security Number of person submitting the application or indicate “I do not have one” if you do not have a Social Security Number.
- Just follow the instructions and provide the information being requested.
- Lastly after the final review, click on the submit tab and finish the application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Nutrition office at (818)758-6523 or (818)305-6411
If you need to request a paper application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*You can locate your STUDENT ID # in the AERIES Parent Portal. Please refer to the images for assistance.